2101 Cedar Springs Road Suite 1050, Dallas, Texas 75201 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy
a professional business league
Progressive leadership in the field of forensic genealogy.
Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy (CAFG) is a business league with a professional membership dedicated to the advancement of forensic genealogy.
- Advance public awareness and understanding of the profession.
- Encourage broader use of the services of qualified forensic genealogists.
- Promote and maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Encourage best practices in client services and business models.
- Promote interchange of information through electronic forums, trade publications, meetings, and seminars.
- Provide education and training for professional advancement.
- Assist in professional development through mentorship, credentialing, and awarding of fellowships.
- Influence legislation that impacts the profession or the ability to access public records.
Use the form to the right to learn more about membership requirements or to send
us a comment.
Forensic Genealogy Definition
Forensic genealogy is genealogical research, analysis, and reporting in cases with legal implications. (1)
The CAFG Exemplar -
Using methodology and ethics consistent with the highest standards of the profession, Forensic Genealogy is conducted by unbiased, disinterested, third party practitioners with no personal or professional stake in
the outcome. (2)
Have a question or comment?
Why Hire Forensic Genealogists?
©2011-2014 Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy. All rights reserved. (1) Copyrighted intellectual property authored by Dee Dee King in 2008, permission for use granted to CAFG in 2011. (2) Copyrighted work product of Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy. May not be used without attribution. May not be used in promotional material of individuals who are not members of CAFG or by businesses.