Be sure to check out these local attractions:
- The Alamo along with the other San Antonio Missions are World Heritage sights.
- The River Walk
- River taxi service
- LaVallita Historic Arts Village is located within walking distance from the hotel and is accessible from the street or the river. The “little town” was one of San Antonio’s first neighborhoods in the 18th century and was restored with the help of the WPA in the 1930s. It now offers galleries, unique shops and dining.
- The hotel has long had a reputation for being the home to ghosts. If you would like to explore the ghosts of San Antonio, The Sisters Grimm has a 90 minute walking tour
- City Sightseeing offers hop on hop off tours around the city and tickets can be purchased in their office located outside the Menger.
- The Institute of Texan Cultures is part of the University of Texas at San Antonio and located on the site of the 1968 Hemisfair. As well as exhibits about the cultures in early Texas history, the institute has developed a collection of accessible resources for those interested in cultural heritage.
- The Briscoe Western Art Museum holds collections based on the art and artifacts that tell the story of the American West.
Download our Visiting San Antonio Guide.