Membership is limited to genealogists who:
- Meet educational standards
- Submit work that passes peer-reviewed standards
- Agree to professional and ethical standards
- Complete 15 hours annually of advanced education
CAFG is the credentialing body governing the ForensicGenealogistCredentialedSM credential (FGCSM). We confer the FGCSM upon the highest-level members who pass skills-based, peer-reviewed testing.
The Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy Fellow (FCAFGSM) distinction is for a member’s outstanding contributions to CAFG and forensic genealogy.
CAFG’s educational arm is the Forensic Genealogy Institute:
- Live and online (recorded) classes
- On-demand classes
- Forensic Genealogy Institute (3-4 day courses)
For more information, visit our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eAtvPTtawKq6SSU5wC2Ig/videos