CAFG recognizes there will be many potential members who are new to the field of forensic genealogy – which has recently gained wide spread recognition.
CAFG offers four levels of membership based on experience and education: Peer Mentor, Associate, Junior and Advanced Members. All levels have minimum qualifications for skills, education and experience.
We encourage membership for professional genealogists who seek to improve their skills and who strive to maintain high professional and ethical standards:
- Professional Genealogists entering or advancing in forensic genealogy
- Seek to improve skills through continuing education and by submitting work product for peer-review
- Strive to achieve and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Benefits of membership
Career ladder opportunities
- CAFG’s Peer Mentor Program (PMP) offers members the opportunity to work on real-world cases gaining valuable experience while also giving back to local communities.
- Full membership status and directory listing for qualified, approved practitioners.
- CAFG’s optional credential for qualified members.
- CAFG’s Fellowship award for outstanding members.
Training and educational opportunities
- Exchange ideas and discuss issues with your peers – other experienced professionals through a mail list and member only website area with resources.
- Forensic genealogy courses and seminars.
- Courses and seminars to improve business practices and methods.
- Courses to improve marketing skills.
- Quarterly newsletter Forensic Genealogy News.
- Forensic genealogy resources.
- Online database of state resources
Increased business opportunities
- Present lectures, conduct training courses.
- Publish material to aid fellow members and the profession.
- Use of the CAFG power point presentation which can be used alone or incorporated into member’s presentations.